Thursday, February 14, 2008

Today, it is Valentine's Day

This morning "we" (my daughter and I) presented my husband (or her father) chocolate.

The chocolate on the picture seems to be populare in KOUBE, and KOUBE is a famous city as a trend city. So I bought it on the internet.
Of course three of us ate it for dessert after breakfast. It was really thick and delicious.
On the other hand my daughter also presented her handmade chocolate to her father. It was the first time and she said "it will be the last time". Untill last year she used to give him leftover of failed chocolate to him. This year she gave him special chocolate. As soon as he got it, he ate it. So I missed taking the photo.
Yesterday she made lots of chocorate for her father, her friends and her teachers. Now she is going out to exchange chocolate with her friends. Probably next norning there will be full of chocolate on the kitchen table. It is the usual scene until this year.
Well, now instead of making lunch box for my daughter, I keep making three dishes for breakfast and put them into this new tray.
My husband changed from eating bread to eating rice. So I even now cook every morning. Though it is troublesome, it is good for me. I do cooking for someone, but I won't cook for myself.
I eat breakfast with my familiy, but usualy I eat lunch and dinner alone, so the left over is really useful. keeping three dishes is to keep in shape for us.


4 comments:

Muxecoid said...

It's great that you study English, only by reading and writing outside the lessons you can really learn something.

My mom is now interested in Japanese recipes. She regularly cooks sushi rolls. Once we took sushi in restaurant and we liked it, than my mom realized that something that can be made by many housewives in Japan can not be hard to do at home.

If you know any interesting yet relatively easy to be made Japanese meal please tell me.

owenandbenjamin said...

Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

To muxecoid
Thanks for your comments.
Well, probably typical Japanese foods are TEMPURA and SUSHI. But most guests who came to our house say "DELICIOUS". That is OKONOMIYAKI.
http://kcc.fc2web.com/rcp/okono.htm
The other day I made OKONOMIYAKI with grinted yam instead of flour.
(If you are intereseted in it, please drop by at anohter my site "Mieko's photo" that is linked")

Additionaly I use lots of sliced cabage. I think more cabage is put beter the taste gets and helthier it gets.

Anonymous said...

Hi torandos28
How was your Balentine's Day?
Well I thought that giving chocolate to men was an only Japanese custom. But I saw that on the newspaper today; Ms. Clinton gave chocolate to her male staff!