Monday, February 04, 2008

homemade buns


Yesterday it was snowing all day, so I was staying at home all day while cooking. Yes I baked these buns. As soon as they were baked some were eaten quickly because my husband was also staying home. And this morning all buns have gone. How quickly!!!

Yesterday I thougt, if someones stay home, I have lots of thing to do as a home maker. And yesterday I enjoyed being a home maker -- sometimes is OK, being everyday makes me tired. I'm getting used to be alone at home.


Well, this week has alreday started. Fortunately we don't have lots of snow now. Everything started as usual--- except my daughter must have been late for school because of frozend roads.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your buns look so nice...very professional! They look as though they were made with yeast. Here, we would probably put butter on them.
Sorry, but the other sake-marinated food doesn't appeal! Once again, it shows how different our cultures are in food tastes. But I do remember being told that only people from Tokyo like NATTO! So, maybe within Japan there are a wide range of tastes in food, too.
Snow! Today it was 70F here and we played golf and saw lots of camellias in bloom. Hopefully spring comes soon. Jan

Anonymous said...

About SUJIKO, some Japanese like, and some Japanese don't like. When I was a kid, I didn't like such fishy things. And even now I don't like UNI.
Well, this morning I talked with my husband about natural preserved foods. NATOU is one of typical these foods. What kind of natural prsered foods do you have? Cheese, something smoked, and what? The food I mentioned are not "strange". Do you have natural preserved foods that taste strange?

Anonymous said...

Mieko, I'm not sure what you mean by "natural preserved" foods. There are pickled foods, similar to what you have in Japan, which are basically a sour taste. We preserve fruits generally with a sugar syrup, vegetables in a salty water base or becoming popular now in a hot pepper water base. Some meats are dried and smoked. Olives are preserved foods. So, basically everything that isn't "fresh" is preserved in some manner.
Some people might think blue cheese tastes strange with streaks of mold running through it. Buttermilk which is whole milk that is slightly formented might taste strange to some. These are a couple of examples I can think of right now. Maybe others can add to the list. Jan

Anonymous said...

Yes, Olives are "it" that I say natural preserved food. And anchovies are another "it". I'm afraid I don't like them either very much.

And the mean of "natural preserved food" is natural preserved foods came from long experiences of our ancesters. Is it a correct English word???