Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Do you go to the gym to exercise?

Here in Japan  many senior people go to gym, which is getting usual these days.
In my image the people who go to gym are in their 30's, 40's and 50's, and they like to do exercise. The menus of the training "were" very hard for me who were in the generation.
And nowadays "soft" gyms come out, like my gym. The menu is not so hard.
But even now exercises at normal gym must be hard ---  I thought.
But it seems to be wrong.

The other day I talked with a neighbor who is probably in her 70's. I don't think she likes sports, and (in a small voice she is good at sports). But what made me surprised was that she still goes to "normal" gym.
And I realize current gym states.
They know their usual menus are difficult for people who "get" old. Usual gyms have a long history, so the customers are naturally getting old. They prepare the special menus for the elderly like care prevention, dementia prevention.
They also installed mental programs including laughter yoga not only soft physical exercise.
So she goes to the gym almost every weekday with light lunch. In the morning she does elderly course,  has lunch with the members there. After that she swims lightly and gets a massage. The she talked with the members there watching TV which has a large screen. And she comes back around 3 or 4.

I asked her the price. It costs about 8500 yen a month. It costs about 6000 yen a month at my gym.
The difference of the price is probably that including swimming and massage.
(Well, in her case she has to pay parking lot fee )


Well, well, the rest of story is very important.
Another day I saw her husband at a place.
There it had an exercise section.
I asked him "do both of you go to  ****  gym?"
He said "it is expensive."

Well Yuki's case he doesn't go to gym yet.
He was going to debut a gym, but before doing it he was involved tennis practice naturally.
It costs 500 yen once. As of now he goes there three times a week.

No comments: