Thursday, January 09, 2020

English Haiku 0109

I keep improving my English Haiku with Japanese Haiku.
I'll introduce a modern season word. It is KOTATSU.

Kotatsu seems to become an English word like Daikon.
Over the phone, Feel being with my daughter At heated table

In my reference book of Haiku, there is an interesting practice.
Using spring wind, summer wind, autumn wind, and winter wind, try to make Haiku.
First what animal do you imagine from these words?
Next what scene do you imagine with the animals?

Spring wind -- a mole -- pop-up
Summer wind -- an eagle -- fly higher
Autumn wind --a cricket -- sympathize the sound
Winter wind -- a fox -- huddle


There are my Haikus.

Spring breeze My friend has popped up After a long while
Summer wind Carry away clouds Blue clearer
Autumn breath Sympathize with sounds From leaves and bugs
Winter gust Huddle in the room Only hear sleep-breath

No comments: