Thursday, January 30, 2020

My friends come!

One day, I was "really" free. Yuki didn't have dinner at home because he participated in  a band practice with younger members than him. Additionally the dinner on the day was a take-out from a convenience store.
Well, so how I did.
I called one of my friends, who lives alone and is in my generation. She said "I drop by after work."
I asked her to come here casually.
Then she came with lots of "convenience sweets".
Too lot, but she said "the expiration date is far".
We were just gabbing, -- and it was almost 7 PM.


So I asked her to have dinner together. She is a kind of a gourmet. But now I am spending a (stingy?)retirement life, and anyway we were troublesome to go out farther (it means by car).
So we went to my familiar small restaurant which is very reasonable and takes 3 minutes on foot. But for her it might have been a first time to have dinner at a such restaurant.
I was really happy to keep our friendship without show-off.

On the other day four senior ladies came to my house. We had a wonderful cake on the day.
So I served tea with "good" tea sets, which are typical set in SHOUWA area, it means they were handed over from my mother in -law. Everyone there knew them and their value.. They are not antique yet. Every one enjoyed SHOUWA atmosphere. But I served the cake with paper dish. I want to lessen washing errands.




 A little time and effort is necessary, and we need cut corners a little.

No comments: