Wednesday, January 22, 2020

At a ramen-noodle shop

Rahmen, it is a typical Japanese dish( or cuisine) -- I admit it, though I don't like it very much.



A popular ramen shop has moved nearby. Even I know the name of the Rahmen shop. We went there. As we expected many people were already waited in a line.
The "person" in the back was an elderly woman. She was waiting in a line alone. It was unusual.
You might be difficult to understand why it was unusual.
Though it is my opinion,  the people who loves Rahmen are mainly the young, men, energetic women.
We happened to start to talk with her. And we decided to have Rahmen together at the same table  to lessen the waiting time.
I aske her about her husband.
She said "he is probably eating rice cake and Miso soup by himself. He doesn't like such a shop where we have to wait in a line. I'm interested why so many people always wait in a line." ( She lives nearby, so after morning errands she came here to have her lunch)

She "loves" Rahmen. She has lots of information about Rahmen shop nearby. And she is kind of "Rahmen freak".
And she ate up one bowl of Rahmen which is as big as Yuki's. Well mine is a half size.

No comments: