Tuesday, January 07, 2020

What is "slow life"?

Since today my class starts.
Unfortunately it is difficult to "climb up " stairs, and drive a car, but I can do my usual life except exercise including walking.
So for this week I'm spending "slow life" literally.
According to our Japanese dictionary, "slow life" means, "fulfilling life slowly and calmly".  I thought "frugally" was added.  When the word of slow life started to be used, "frugally" seemed to be included, but nowadays it seems to be changed.
Yuki said, "Do you know the word of "slow audio"?"
I said, "Do you want to listen to such old records with the old audio speakers which are stored in the upper closet?"
We have a pair of good (probably) audio speakers which were used by my father.
He said, "No. Slow audio means, listen to old records with the latest audio sets".
I immediately said " we can't afford to buy new sets, and we have no room for them".
He said " I know".

Well, nowadays "slow" seems to include  "high quality, and expensive".

The other day Yuki got homemade "dried persimmons" from his senior tennis mate.
Making dried persimmons is one of the ways to eat sour persimmons. There are two kinds of persimmon trees. One is astringent persimmon and the other is sweet persimmon. The former one might be edible but not eatable. They need to be processed somehow .



In his garden, there are some sour persimmon trees. But  he bought special sour persimmons to make those.
If he used from his garden, it wouldn't have made any difference.
In his case, he enjoyed current style "slow life".

Anyway I'm having my slow life with my sprained ankle.
I believe this ankle would carry way all my bad luck of this year.
 
 

No comments: