Sunday, January 17, 2021

lunch diary 0107

One week has passed. Last week, to tell the truth, I was really busy in dealing with my mother. As you know I am not with her, just talk on the phone, and go shopping for her things. And I contact with my brothers, and listen to my daughter's (kind of ) complains and anxiety.

Monday, it was a holiday. I steamed Chinese dumplings with cabbage. "We" (Yuki and I) did walk 3400 steps to a nearby convenience store to make copy of our books.

Snow forecast, ready to go out with a clinic card, my mother goes to bed

Tuesday, in Tokyo it didn't snow, so my mother could go to a clinic (My daughter gave her a ride). Here in Utsunomiya we had a little snow. Anyway it was really cold. So we decided to put away some preserved food. So I made this noodle. To tell the truth we don't like it very much. We were interested in it when we found it, but we didn't like it. So half of it was left.  It was all right because we didn't waste food. Additionally, to cook it, we went out to a nearby supermarket to add something which would make the taste better, such as boiled & seasoned eggs, and seasoned bamboo shoots called Menma. 

Night coming, being cooped up home, with one-pot dish


Wednesday, it was frozen food of curry noodle. Can you see that under the noodle there are lots of Japanese leeks. We went to the filed of Japanese leek, and got a big bag of Japanese leeks again.
It was my annual health check day. I didn't gain my weight.
(Well, I seldom check my weight, because I'm really afraid of gaining my weight, so I try to ignore it in my daily life.)

Japanese leek fields, get a farmer to dig up, here in Utsunomiya


Thursday, it suddenly got warm. It was going to be a day of DONTOYAKI festival. Dontoyaki means that we get the shrine to burn lucky things of last year. The festival wasn't hold, but the shrine burn them. So as we wake up, we took our lucky things to a nearby shrine.


Friday, it was cold again. The sudden big change is really hard for me.
I used "my" dried vegetables for the soup. I cut them very rough, so -- they looked like garbage.

Frozen windows, my house and my mother's house , get really old

No comments: