Friday, January 29, 2021

My mother 0129

For me it is very difficult to explain the situation of my mother in English, but let me try it. And probably it is effective for me to sort out my feeling and make myself clear.

Last Tuesday my mother was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's disease.

Well, the end of last year she fell down in the room. So my elder brother N who lives with her and my daughter T who lives next to her house took her to a orthopedic clinic.  And she suffered  a fracture compression. The damage was not so bad, she started to wear a corset. She is taken there once a week by N and T or by my younger brother T who also lives across to her house.  Both Ts have their own cars.

So my brother T applied for elderly care  in public. As of now he takes a day-off once a week, and discuss with an public elderly care center in the award. It takes a few more weeks to clarify  her level of care needed.

Here in Japan the options of elderly care services in public are determined according to the level of nursing care needed. 

However, her behavior started to get strange.

So they (M and T) also took her a special clinic for dementia. And she was diagnosed with  early Alzheimer's disease.

They are doing all things what they can do externally.

However the speed of her change is so quick.

1. It is difficult to talk her on the phone. Because her ears got worse, and it is difficult to concentrate talking.

But she can talk through the video and with an assistant. So, my mother and I talk when my daughter T is with her.

2. She stopped cooking.

So I order her lunch and dinner on the net, and these are delivered every day.

My brother N prepares breakfast and cooks rice every morning. My mother can use the microwave oven. So she nukes the delivered meals when she eats.

However when she is alone, she sometimes skips her meal. So whenever my daughter M stays home, she goes to my mother's house at lunch time and dinner time.

It means I also talk with my mother through video. (this is only what I can do directly for her)

My mother doesn't wander around yet. My mother doesn't do strange actions yet.

but she often gets hysteric because she doesn't understand the situation. 

So "I think" some one is necessary to watch her (like a mother).

My elder brother T seems to want to care her at home.

My younger brother N suggests strongly  to arrange an elderly nursing home quickly, though he "doesn't" do some actions specifically. (or "can't", because the head of household is my elder brother N. And it is not decided which elderly nursing homes can accept her before the lever of nursing care is clarified.)

Additionally I also started to search elderly nursing homes here in Utsunomiya.


No comments: