Monday, January 18, 2021

What brought fun to us 0118

Since a state of emergency declared, the word of excitement has seemed to be hard to use. (indiscreet? in English) We should refrain from all of things???

Well, let me look back the last week. 
I put away New Year's goods and put goods for SETSUBSUN ( can you see some masks? ) and Valentine's Day.
 


What is SETSUBUN?

To tell the truth, putting some things away is "troublesome", but decorate some things is fun. 

My mother wanted to read a book which is published many years ago. The book is still so famous, and most new ones are published by paperback edition. The letters in them are too small for her to read . So I had to look for a bigger size of book. It was difficult to find on the net. So "we" had a good excuse to browse book stores including used-book stores.


I bought a new one for her, and I bought another one for myself at a used-book store, and Yuki bought a book for himself (I think it has any connection with the book my mother wanted)


We had a morning set after a long interval. It was the day of my annual health check up. So " we " skipped our breakfast. And Yuki drove me to a hospital. After the check up, we dropped by at a bakery. There was no one, so we had our breakfast inside.

We went to a shrine to throw away lucky goods of last year. It was the day of DONTOYAKI, kind of a festival. The festival was not held, but anyway we released our lucky goods of last year smoothly.


And I also went to a volunteer center. Probably it is the first time in a half year. Our group still haven't done any volunteer activities since the pandemic occurred. I don't know what we will be able to do for a while, but I need to update my group information. There I saw a friend. It was also the first time in a half year or more.
There I could talk , not chat with people , of course wearing a mask.

No comments: