Monday, April 01, 2019

A jazz concert at ICHIGEIKAN in Utsunomya

April has started.
In about one and a half hours , the next new era name is announced.

Everybody in Japan will make a fresh start, though it is also April fool.
Well, I'll continue to update my daily lives while looking back them.

There is "few" private concert hall in Utsunomiya.
Ichikeikan is one of them, or just one.
Coincidently we met the owner's couple, and sometimes have opportunities to attend concerts which are held there.



 
Last day, we listened to Mr. Nakayama's quintet.
In Jazz world. he seems to be a little bit famous in the U.S.A.
When he was in his 30's and 40's, he performed with some famous? musicians in the U.S.A.
In his 60's, he came back to Japan, and continue performing.
 
In my memory, I've heard his live music when he was the late 20's. At that time, he was not so popular. It was my youth. I belonged to Jazz club in college, so, probably I went to listen to him, though Yuki didn't remember it.
He is a bassist.
 
 
In my memory, he was "ragged".(it might not be suitable word.)
 
However,
 
His fingers are very thin, and beautiful.
Though he doesn't show up, his shoes are clean and cool.
Anyway he looks sophisticated.
He himself looks to display his life.
I was very impressed by himself.

For me his performance sounded like a kind of philosophy. (Too exaggerated expression.)
 
Probably he is now near 70. However he performed with young members who are in their 20's or 30's.
Here in Japan, usually senior people tend to make groups with people who are in the same generation.
It made me surprised.
 
Young artists will probably get lots of influence from him.
 
This year, two of my friend's children will debut.
One is a violinist.  She learnt the skill in Australia after graduating music college in Japan.
The other one will debut as a jazz pianist in Tokyo. She used to play with Yuki.
 
While listening to him, and looking at him, I was feeling the passage of time.
 
 
 

 

No comments: