Thursday, April 18, 2019

English haiku 0418

 Yesterday, I wrote about English haiku. I showed  two basic rules that are including a seasonable word, and keep a 5-7-5 syllables structure.
I also wrote that I started to learn how to write haiku in Japanese from the scratch.
Haiku has a long history, so it was being made up the learning steps how to make a good haiku. It is the same that in the painting world, with the long history, the learning steps are being made.

The first step  to make a good haiku is the following.
The first phrase is a season word, and if you can do it, you try to stop with cutting word like ";", "_", "," . The world can't suggest to lead to the next phrase.
The second phrase is an adjective phrase of the last phrase.
The last phrase is a noun.

I take Haiku lessons by receiving corrections by mail, though only two haiku poems are corrected a month.

The first one was that
Spring weeds;  have to be pulled up   with bitter smile

In this case, the first phrase is the object of the second phrase. So, it is not good.
It was corrected.

Spring weeds;  mother and her daughter   with bitter smile


I'll show another one, I'm waiting for correcting it.
Anemone; with painted tiny hands  snack time

Can you guess? what scene did I describe?


No comments: