Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Our mothers

Our mothers are fine. My mother is probably 85 years old, and Yuki's mother is 94 years old.

Though it might not to say such things, we don't visit them for more than 5 months. Of course we often tell with them on the phone, especially I talk on the phone with my mother every two  or three days. And sometimes I talk with her more than 30 minutes. After 30 minute talk, she seems to be very satisfied and take a nap.

My mother is fortunately not suffering from dementia. but she is easy to forget many things. So she often tells me the same thing. The interesting thing is that she remembers clearly what she wants. (Not what she has to do)

So she goes to see a doctor, even though she feel slight staggering. But she "can't go to a convenience store which is nearer than the clinic.    Additionally she can go to her familiar butcher which is a little bit far than the convenience store.

Anyway she can cook, and she thinks it is her duty, because she "feeds" her son. (well, my brothers and I think, this idea makes her active)

When I visit her, I often irritated with her saying and behaviors, and even now on the telephone, I'm sometimes irritated. Probably I can't accept her aging even now.

But I know she shows me how we get older. I know it. So when I am calm, I thank to my Mom.

Yuki's mother live in a senior nurse center.

To tell the truth, it is the time she has to move another senior nursery center which services more special treat for much elder people. This spring she was in hopstital  twice. However thanks to this corona viruses it got difficult to move to another nursery center.   So she spends days calmly in the same nursery center. To tell the truth the hospitalization seemed to be very tough for her. After she got out the hospital, she seemed to suffer a slight dementia. Now it is all right.

Yuki also talks her with on the phone. Her eye is difficult to catch what he says, even though she wears a hearing-aid. So he endure listening to her. (Additionally he says he is getting used to just listening to someone, thanks to me)

Anyway Yuki's mother also shows us how we get older.


No comments: