Friday, December 18, 2020

Preparing for Christmas

This Christmas we have no plans, though I constantly hold a small concert at home .
Anyway, I put my collection of Sanda dolls on the shelf at entrance hall.


And I also put a small Santa doll on a shelf in the living room.



The other day I hold a Zoom meeting with my English picture book club members.
Three members joined, they are all in their 50's or 60's.
We listed what we want for Christmas to make a whishing list within 5 minutes.
For 5 minutes, we could only or gratefully? list 7 items, such as, big Roast chicken, fresh KFD chicken, good wine, good stollen(German fruit cake) and so on.
Most of all were food & drink. We can buy them, we can make them. But "can" means we won't.  We were really "provident" or "practical" --- that means we are really adults or seniors. Additionally, the three of us are all housewife and spend Christmas with her husband or her son who is a highschool student.

My friend sent me pictures of her house with Christmas decoration. They are wonderful. She is really good with enjoying any seasons and days.

On the other hand I made kind of Christmas calendars with my students.


In this handmade poster, there are 20 pockets with candy.
Each student drew a picture by themselves. (Only three students)

Additionally instead of stollen, I baked very sweet cookies.
We(Yuki and I) have eaten them for our dinner desert little by little until Christmas.



No comments: